Ales4Females is a female only event hosted in the Left Hand Brewing Tasting Room intended to bring together a group of women that want to have a fun evening discussing beer and food pairings, hearing a guest speaker from within the industry, and developing each member’s palate.
- Topic: The Science of Making Good Beer featuring Brynn Keenan
- Dates: June 13th, 20th and 27th
- Time: 6:30PM-8:00PM; please come a few minutes early to check-in with the bartenders before the event begins.
- Location: Left Hand Brewing Tasting Room; 1265 Boston Avenue, Longmont, CO 80501
- Beer & Food Pairing: Left Hand Brewing’s Pilot Belgian Golden Ale and Haystack Mountain Cheese
Making great beer is hard. Making the same great beer, consistently, can be pretty dang difficult. But, the best way for a brewery to position itself for success is to take a stance of dedication to quality. Led by Brynn Keenan, our Lab Manager, Left Hand Brewing is in the process of training our internal team members into advanced sensory tasters. For our June A4F presentation, Brynn will be providing a one-hour crash course on how to be a sensory taster. We’ll be using professional-grade Siebel Institute spikes to demonstrate DMS and Diacetyl, Brynn will guide us through identifying these off-flavors, describing how these off-flavors are created, providing insight on measures we take in the brewery to prevent these off-flavors from manifesting in our brews, and teaching us the proper way to taste beer.